high-tech business established with a goal of becoming the world’s premier solution for reliability and noise assessment/analysis.
Korea Sensor Lab.
Failure Analysis of Reliability of Semiconductor Devices
- Semiconductor device should be developed prior to the development of semiconductor circuits and chips.
- If the issues arisen during development of semiconductor devices were not resolved promptly, there will be great loss due to the delayed release of product
- Although the development has been successfully completed, there could happen other issues during mass production and the issues should be solved quickly as well.
- SMAT Solutions possessed a lot of knowhow based on the many years’ experience of device development.
- Failure analysis of device reliability : Hot Carrier, NBTI, PBTI, TDDB, etc
- Failure analysis of Gate dielectrics : GOI (Gate Oxide Integrity) analysis
- Failure analysis of interface : Charge Pumping Current analysis
- Failure analysis of Silicide : Characterization of silicide through Schottky barrier height and etc
- Failure analysis of Junction Leakage: Analysis of leakage current conduction mechanism of Source/Drain Junction, GIDL current, etc
Failure analysis of Capacitor/Resistor/Inductor
- It is possible to do failure analysis of various passive devices such as capacitor, resistor, and inductor.
- Analysis of dielectric characteristics is necessary when there happens capacitor failure.
- Lifetime of dielectric can be projected using TDDB test.
- Lifetime of resistor and inductor can be tested using current forcing and/or high temperature operation.
Failure analysis of interface
- Semiconductor devices have lot of defects at the interface between bulk and gate dielectric.
- Dangling bonds become inactive by hydrogen passivation using high temperature annealing.
- Dangling bond can be formed during device operation due to the breakage of Si-H bond.
- Interface failure can be analyzed using various noble methods such as Multifrequency and Multitemperature charge pumping technique, etc.
Failure analysis of Memory device
- Memory cell has periodic program and erase which can degrade the performance of cell.
- Various methods including Stress effect, change of 1/f noise property, etc can be applied for failure analysis of memory device.